Thursday, April 5, 2012

Meeting Globie!

Hello Geographers! 


I'm a geography major here at BSU and was asked to write about an experience I had over the weekend. On April Fools Day, I had the opportunity to see the world famous Harlem Globetrotters at the Dunkin Donuts Center in Providence, Rhode Island. 


My boyfriend was thrilled to finally see them, and was pumped that we got discounted tickets through my work.


Me on the other hand... Well, I'll admit it: I was just all giddy that they had "Globe" in their name!


I mean, I had heard of the Harlem Globetrotters, and it was cool to go to see all of their tricks in person. 


But, honestly... all I wanted was to get a picture of their mascot, Globie. I thought he was sooo cool.  What can I say, I'm a geographer! 


I had even joked that if my teaching career or geography career doesn't work out, I would love to audition to be the guy in that suit. Seriously! I would get to travel the world with the team... Totally cool, right?


Anyways, I snapped a few pictures of him when he made appearances throughout the game, but that wasn't good enough for me.


Once the Globetrotters won against the "Elite" team (as usual), they allowed the audience to go up to the perimeter of the court and get autographs and pictures taken with some of the players. I dashed down there to get in Globie's line. My boyfriend looked at me like, "Seriously? You really want to wait in line for that?!?" 
. . . Um DUH

He should have known better. 



So here it is! 
















- Kimberly Frisoli

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for a terrific story and for your geo-enthusiasm!

    ReplyDelete