Note the need for foreign language skills. Although BSU does not require a foreign language (at the moment), languages are required for many of the careers to which geographers are best suited.
Food for the Hungry (FH, www.fh.org) is a Christian International Development Organization with presence in Nicaragua since 1994. FH is expanding its short-term teams program and is recruiting for the following position:
Assistant Teams Coordinator – This individual will support the Teams Coordinator in all aspects of the administration and implementation of the short-term teams program in Nicaragua.
· Help in the identification and execution of projects that support the on-going work of the organization in the communities of Chinandega and Somotillo.
· Organize and implement all the logistics related to team visits.
· Share the vision, mission, and values of the organization with each team and helping them understand how they can support the on-going transformation process in the communities where they serve.
· Facilitate the development of just and mutually respectful relationships between team and community members.
This position requires an individual with the following characteristics:
· A desire to serve and transform vulnerable communities in Nicaragua.
· Good understanding of the context and culture of both Nicaragua and the United States.
· Bilingual in English and Spanish (oral and written).
· Highly responsible and detail oriented.
· BA/BS in business administration, international development, or similar field,
Send resume and cover letter explain your interest in the position to email@example.com by August 19, 2011. After this date we will conduct interviews with the top candidates.