The Music Department will be presenting their annual day long World Music Festival on Tuesday, April 27 (today!). There will be 10 groups and 2 solo artists performing music from various parts of the world.
Here is the schedule for the entire day:
Daytime performances at CRIMSON HALL (NOT RCC FOUNTAIN AREA):
1. The Lindsays (Traditional Irish Duo) 11 PM
2. Hot Tamale Brass Band (New Orleans Jazz) 12 PM
3. Annaliva (Traditional Irish Band) 1 PM
4. Veronica Nobles and her Mariachi Band (Mexican Music) 2 PM
5. BSC Chamber Singers (Western Classical) 3 PM
6. Jason Roseman (Trinidadian and Caribbean Music) 3:30 PM
7. The Bohemian Street Chanters (A capella Ensemble) 4:15 PM
8. The Male Bonding Band (Old Timey American Folk Music) 4:30 PM
(MBB includes Dr. Hayes-Bohanan and Dr. Domingo, though Dr. Domingo will not be available today.)
Evening performance (in Horace Mann Auditorium, Boyden Hall):
1. Khakatay (BSC West African Drumming Ensemble) 7:30 PM
2. Alley Cats (All Women American Barbershop Quartet) 8 PM
3. Marcus Santos and his Brazilian Ensemble 8:30 PM
Admission is free for all performances. Refreshments will be provided during the daytime performances.
The festival is in aid of building a school in Sierra Leone, West Africa. Donations will be welcome.